Microsoft Lync is a mystery to most customers, they now they have it and they need a headset to make it work but that’s about it. What makes Microsoft Lync optimised headsets so special?
In most cases the reality is they aren’t. Manufacturers have to pay a hefty fee for “optimised” endorsement and there’s little benefit when it comes to the user. To defray this endorsement fee you will often pay more for a Microsoft Lync optimised or “ML” headset.
To gather a Microsoft Lync certiifctopn headsets are tested to provide the following:
Microsoft Lync User Experience
- Plug and play: once connected, a device registers on Lync server and is ready to use
- First run experience: Automatic detection of a device with a direct link to user guide and other useful tools and documentation
- Mute/unmute across PC and device
- Audio quality (embedded in the device): no echo or excessive glitches, echo cancellation across devices, wideband / Microsoft media platform with RT audio
- TSANet: Device makers and Microsoft participate in common support infrastructure (TSANet) for rapid resolution of support tickets
- Firmware and fixes remote software update and contractual SLA for hardware updates
All Optimised for Microsoft Lync and Optimized for Microsoft Communicator USB peripherals support both Lync Server 2010 and Office Communications Server 2007 R2.
The safest bet is to always purchase a Microsoft Lync certified and optimised headset becasue you simply know they are designed to work with your Microsoft Lync.
Check out our huge range of Microsoft Lync headsets by clicking on this link. Or speak to one of our headset experts that will help you find the best Microsoft Lync headsets for your specific needs and budget.